Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on foot?

Options
  • 28-09-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Anybody got a tattoo on their foot?
    Can you wear a shoe after it or do you have to go around in flip flops?
    I know some artists won't do hands etc but will they do feet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It wont last normally, but artists don't tend to have a problem doing it. There was another thread on this recently and I posted an example of what one looks like after a while, have a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i got one done a year ago. looks perfect still. no doubt it will age but i think it depends on how sweaty your feet is or at least thats what i've been told.

you kinda would want to wear flipflops for a couple of days but you could wear socks i guess. i got it done in the summer so it wasnt a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

I got one along the side of my foot. U dont have to wear flip flops but loose shoes or runners are a good idea. I got mine done in Feb 05 and it's faded a bit because of where it is but they told me that would happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

mine is on the flat bit on top of my foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

it tends to fade on the side of your foot tends to be thicker than just about anywhere else on your body.. the artist really has to push the ink in, the skin regenerates in this area because of constant use.. its the same with your hands..
    imo the tattoo will defo need to be touched up within a 5 year mark..
    i know a fela who got the palm of his hand done and after 5 years he had a few small patches of ink left.. hes planning another project for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Would a tattoo of the foot/hand hurt more that on your arm say because there are more/smaller bones there?

ie, is the most painful tattoo on boney areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

I have 8 stars along the side of my foot Here it is

I have heard it does hurt that little bit more than anywhere else because of the bone, but it wasnt that bad, i think it really depends on your pain threshold.

And so far mine hasnt faded yet, and i didnt wear flip flops or anything while it was healing (the father still doesnt know about it)

its not really down to the bone as such but that does play a big factor in it.. your hands and feet are very sensitive because there are many nerve clusters and ending located in the areas.. its alot harder to get a tattoo on your foot then say your ankle or elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Check out my recent tattoo on my foot in the show me yours thread. I'm havin the same problem with shoes. I was limpin round for a good few days after. I kept it in clingfilm for about three days. She's still healin now. I'm gettin my other foot done monday. And yes. Yes it hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 keelzer

i've one on the top of my foot that goes up around my ankle and yes i had 2 wear flippidy flops...mostly cos my foot swelled 2 like twice its normal size!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Leanne_777

I have 3 on my feet, one part of one of them has faded slightly but it runs along the side of my foot and the part that fated is on the heel so I expected this. The others still look perfect. The one that has faded was the most painful one yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Leanne_777 wrote:
    I have 3 on my feet, one part of one of them has faded slightly but it runs along the side of my foot and the part that fated is on the heel so I expected this. The others still look perfect. The one that has faded was the most painful one yet though.
    Hi,

How long after you got it done did it start to fade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Leanne_777

I'd say around 3 months, it hasn't gotten any worse since though. It's only the part of it that is actually on my heel so I knew it would happen.

its normal... dead skin rejecting ink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 s.phelo

hey guys.ive got a tattoo on my foot.i did have to wear flipflops as my foot was a little tender for a week or two.it was a little sore as the skin on the foot is fairly sensitive but its fine.the foot is meant to be the sorest place to get a tattoo but i totally disagree

i dissagree also.. id say its one of the most painful but id imagine theres others that can top it and everyone is diffrent as regards to pain threshhold..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

My outline of my tattoo done on the ankle bone was tolerable... it really wasnt as bad as i thought it would be but the shading is what sort of hurt the most....

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

my first tat was on my foot, i didnt think it was too bad, was expecting a hell of alot worse, especially since it was my first.

i have a rather large piece on the back of my neck, running down my back...whcih i though was 100 times more painful than my foot.

as for it being tender, of course it was tender, as are all tats when you first get them done, however i didnt wear flip flops, i just got on with it.

i got it in jmd in waterford, the black has lasted outstandingly well, and everyone i show it too says what a bang up job joe did. really nice guy also!

Advertisement